Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Quick Eclipse Photos

 Joan and I viewed the April 8, 2024 solar eclipse from the campus of OSU/Marion Technical College in Marion, Ohio. Although lots of people attended, the parking lots were never full.
It was a superb spot, giving us a chance to walk to various tourist sites in Marion, such as Harding's Tomb, before the eclipse. Here are three quick photos from my modest camera (Lumix DC-ZS200). Click on any image to enlarge.
Viewing from the Prairie Nature Center, away from the crowds!
Although I used the bracketed-exposure feature of my camera, I could have used a shorter exposure than the bracket I chose, below.
There's a reddish hint at 6 o'clock: a solar flare/prominence.


A final image, processed differently from the first. It really was that dark, if not darker!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may not appear immediately as they are moderated by the author to eliminate spam.